Saving For Your Retirement

* Beginning in 2006, an employer can allow employees to make after-tax "Roth" contributions to the employer's 401(k) or 403(b) plan. Qualified distributions of these contributions and related earnings will be tax free.

** Individuals age 50 and over may make additional $1,000 IRA catch-up contributions.

The 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy Web site offers general information for managing personal finances and does not recommend specific financial actions. For financial advice tailored to your situation, please contact an expert such as a CPA or a personal financial advisor.

©2006 The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, ISO 9001 Certified.
AICPA Online privacy policies and copyright information. | Using our secure site.
--Site best viewed with browsers version 4, or above--

AICPA, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036